Applying for Financial Aid
FAMILIES APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL AID
FOR THE 2018–2019 ACADEMIC YEAR
The financial aid process at Walnut Hill School for the Arts consists of completing a financial aid application using School and Student Services by NAIS (SSS) and additional supporting documents.
The financial aid application process should occur simultaneously with the admission application process. For the 2018–2019 academic year, you may complete your Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) online beginning on November 1, 2017. To be considered for financial aid, you must complete your Parents’ Financial Statement and submit your 2016 tax documentation by February 1, 2018. Your family’s 2017 tax returns are due by March 1, 2018. Applicants who complete and submit all the necessary requirements by this deadline will receive an admission and financial aid decision by March 10, 2018.
All returning families must also submit a new financial aid application each year in order to maintain their financial aid award. Returning students will receive a financial aid decision by March 31, 2018. To make our decision, we use the information from the PFS as a starting point but also consider our school policy, practices, and available budget.
To be eligible for financial aid, both parents are expected to be employed, if home and health situations permit. When parents are separated or divorced, or have never been married, both parents are required to complete a PFS even if only one parent contributes to tuition.
- Beginning November 1, 2017, click here.
- Click on “Apply Now” (Walnut Hill’s school code is 8014)
- Create your PFS Online account with your email address and a password. If you applied for financial aid last year, simply log in to the PFS Online as a Returning Family, using the email address and password you set up last year.
- Begin a PFS for Academic Year 2018–19. You can log out of the PFS Online at any time, then return later to complete it.
- After you have pressed Submit, you will be brought to a payment screen. The fee of $49 is nonrefundable. Once your PFS is submitted, it cannot be withdrawn from the SSS system.
- After submitting your PFS, you will receive a confirmation page that will link to a Required Documents Cover Sheet pre-populated with your information and list of documents we require. To access your cover sheet at any time, log on to your PFS Online account and click on “Print Cover Sheet.”
- About 24 hours after you pay for and submit your PFS, you will have access on the PFS Online to a section called “Manage Documents.” You can upload the additional documents we require there.
Please send copies of the following documents to SSS by NAIS:
BY FEBRUARY 1, 2018
- 2016 federal tax return with all schedules
- Form 4506-T
- 2017 federal tax return with all schedules and W-2s and/or 1099 statement
Please note that a financial aid application will not be considered complete until all additional documents have been received.
To submit your additional required documents online:
- Prepare your documents to be uploaded. Make sure the documents are on your computer, each saved as a separate file. They can be saved in any of the following file formats: Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe pdf, .jpg, .gif, or .tif. Remove any security or password protection from your pdfs.
- Return to the PFS Online and log in.
- Select the Academic Year 2018–19 button.
- From your PFS Online Dashboard, click on the “Manage Documents” tab.
- On the Manage Documents page, under “Upload Documents,” click “Browse,” then locate the place the document is on your computer.
- Click on “Upload Documents.” Once you have uploaded a document, it will NOT appear immediately in the “Received Documents” section on this page. It can take up to 48 hours for it to be received and then validated.
If you wish to submit your required documents by mail, please use the following address:
SSS by NAIS – Application Processing Center
P.O. Box 449
Randolph, MA 02368-0449
or for overnight mail:
SSS by NAIS – Application Processing Center
437 Turnpike Street
Canton, MA 02021
For a quick reference guide on how to apply for Financial Aid using SSS, please click here.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL AID
Please review the general information about applying for financial aid at Walnut Hill School for the Arts. Please note that there is limited financial aid available for students who are not United States citizens or permanent residents. For these students, financial aid awards cannot exceed half the total cost of tuition. For 2017–2018, our boarding tuition is $59,600.
International families should complete a PFS as completely as possible. In addition, families must upload the International Student Financial Aid Profile to SSS by February 1, 2018, which is available by clicking here. This information must include current currency exchange rate information. All international forms should be translated into English.
Fee waivers for the financial aid application are distributed automatically by SSS in the application process. For information on SSS’s calculation of need for fee waiver, please visit the SSS Fee Waivers Frequently Asked Questions for Families.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact:
Jason Hersom, Director of Admission and Financial Aid, firstname.lastname@example.org