ART360 is Walnut Hill’s response to changing times, preparing our students to thrive as artists in today’s interdisciplinary and collaborative world. ART360 provides a weekly window into different art forms and current topics. These 1-hour weekly classes are envisioned as spaces for students to safely explore art and its various intersections.
Students overwhelmingly reported how much they enjoyed making art with their peers across majors—something that is typically difficult to experience given the robust, major-specific schedule at Walnut Hill.
Walnut Hill students choose one ART360 class during the Spring 2022 term, which will run for 10 weeks. Spring ART360 is required for all students in grades 9–11. Seniors and Post-Graduates may opt-out.
- Ballet & Art: The Intersections Behind the Stage with Jennifer Markham
- Explorations in Sound and Listening with Kevin Smith
- Walnut Hill Chorus with Will Cooper
- Geometric Graffiti with Nick Zanussi
- Lighting the Scene with Mike Micucci
- Radio Plays with Brian D. Jones
- Fabric Arts: Building Community with Sayrona Gifford
- Sudden Scenes: Experiments in Audio Drama
- The Ethics of Artistry with Jessi Stegall
- Beginning Ballet with Jennifer Markham
- Free Improvisation Ensemble with Whitman Brown
- 3D Modeling with Nick Zanussi
- A Capella Pop with Montario Hill of Ball in the House
- Web & Portfolio Design with Amelia Iverson Gregoire
- Jazz Funk (Street Jazz) with Maria LaRossa
- Acting for Everyone with Brian Demar Jones