May 20 and 21, 2022 – In Person, On Campus
Stay tuned for more information.
To help with your class’s upcoming reunion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Alumni Association Meetings
Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 7:00–9:00pm Eastern – Zoom
Thursday, January 27, 2022, 7:00–9:00pm Eastern – Zoom
Saturday, May 21, 2022, 10:00am–12:00pm Eastern – In Person, On Campus
Standing agenda items include:
All those who attended Walnut Hill are invited to attend. Please follow this link to register for next Tuesday's meeting. Registrants will be sent the Zoom information in advance of the event.
- Updates from the Alumni Association
- "State of the School” addresses from school leadership—with topics including updates on DEI initiatives at Walnut Hill and the Head of School transition
- Opportunities for discussion
Updates on the Comprehensive Spring 2021 Alumni Survey
Thanks to the Survey Task Force (Leila Alhamoodah ’08—Chair, Jennifer Wells ’87, Daniel Salas ’12) for their work in creating this past spring’s comprehensive alumni survey—the first since 2016. Key takeaways include:
- Most alumni prefer to be informed via newsletter, regardless of graduation year.
- Most are at least aware of the Alumni Association.
- Many think that the Association should currently focus on DEI initiatives and in-person gatherings.
- Alumni are split on how Walnut Hill should prioritize its spending.
Analysis is still pending on other sections of the survey, including those focusing on level of engagement, what keeps alumni engaged, and what keeps alumni from being engaged.
Opportunities to Get Involved This Year
This year’s task forces come as a direct result of input from survey responders and the work done at the Open Alumni Association meeting in May 2021. These task forces will tackle:
The standing committees are:
- Monthly newsletter spotlight interviews
- Creation of a new “getting involved” website page
- Reconfiguration of the Class Notes website page
- Find a Walnut Week, which in Spring 2022 will focus on alumni who graduated over a decade ago and who we still have listed at their parents’ address in our database
- Feedback Committee for future surveys
- Alumni Executive Committee
- Alumni Abroad Committee, chaired by Matthew Akitani ’00
- Membership Committee, chaired by Alessandra Bono Horton ’00
All opportunities are open to anyone who attended Walnut Hill. Most meetings are held by Zoom, and task forces will meet only a few times. We encourage alumni from all backgrounds to get involved in the area(s) that speak most to you.
Please complete this Google Form with your interest, and someone from the Alumni Executive Committee will contact you. Questions? Please email email@example.com.