Affording Walnut Hill
Walnut Hill School for the Arts is fully committed to enrolling a diverse student body: diverse in terms of interests, talents, race, ethnicity, and economic background.
We recognize that every family has its own unique financial circumstances. Each financial aid application is reviewed by the Financial Aid Committee. Using the information you provide in your financial aid application, we take into account such important factors as income, assets, cost of living, family size and siblings in tuition charging schools in making financial aid awards.
Day student tuition is $49,990.
Boarding student tuition is $66,390.
The 2021–2022 tuition will be set by the Board of Trustees by late January.
How to Apply for Financial aid
Walnut Hill partners with School and Student Services (SSS) in our financial aid process. To begin your financial aid application, you will complete the SSS Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) and submit the supporting required documents by the deadlines listed below. Please plan to give yourself the time you need by not waiting until our deadline approaches. It is helpful to have your most recent tax return before beginning the PFS. On average completing the application takes an hour. The SSS website provides helpful resources, tips and support to families as you work your way through the application.
To make our financial aid decisions, Walnut Hill uses the information from the PFS as a starting point. We also consider the school's policies, practices, and available budget.
January 15, 2021 - Parents' Financial Statement due
April 30, 2021 - 2020 official, signed 1040, W2s due (Please include all schedules filed.)
Walnut Hill offers rolling admissions once the priority deadline of January 15 has passed. Applicants are reviewed as they complete the admissions process.
If you are applying for financial aid, please submit the materials below along with a completed application in order to receive a financial aid decision with an offer of admission.
-Parents' Financial Statement. You will upload 2018 and 2019 official, signed 1040s and W2s. Include all schedules filed.)
-April 30, 2021: Upload your 2020 official, signed 1040 to your SSS account. (Include all schedules filed.)
- What is Walnut Hill’s philosophy regarding financial aid?
- What is “demonstrated need?”
- Do you offer merit-based scholarships to academic year students?
- What percent of Walnut Hill students receive financial aid?
- What does financial aid cover?
- When will I be notified of the Financial Aid Committee’s decision?
- What are the chances of receiving financial aid after the February 1 deadline?
- Do I have to re-apply for financial aid every year?
- What if I am separated or divorced?
- Will applying for financial aid affect my admission decisions?
- Will my financial aid award include loans?
- Who has access to my financial information?