In the best interests of all members of our community, Walnut Hill is requiring all students to self-quarantine at home for 14 days prior to their scheduled arrival on campus. Massachusetts updated travel quarantine guidelines on July 1, 2020, however, Walnut Hill’s requirement includes residents from “lower risk states” as defined by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, see the most recent list here.
Upon arrival at Walnut Hill, families will be asked to sign a statement of disclosure that your student followed these expectations prior to arrival. All students must also provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test result taken 72 hours prior to arrival on campus.
Home Self-Quarantine Protocol
- Stay at home with immediate family as much as possible.
- Do not go out for social events, gatherings.
- Do not have social gatherings in your own home.
- If you have to go out of your house for medical appointments or groceries, for example, you must follow social distancing (6ft) and you must wear a face covering.
- You must wash and sanitize your hands frequently throughout the day.
- If you are traveling through an airport you must wear a face covering at all times and use extra sanitizing precautions (wipe down seats, seatbelts, tray tables, etc.)
- If you are traveling by car and stop at public rest areas you must also wear a face covering and use extra sanitizing precautions.
*Walnut Hill retains the right to change and update these guidelines per information from local, state and federal health authorities.