In the best interests of all members of our community, Walnut Hill is requiring all students to self-quarantine at home for 14 days prior to their scheduled arrival on campus. Although Massachusetts updated travel quarantine guidelines on July 1, 2020, Walnut Hill’s requirement includes residents from Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, New York and New Jersey. Given the large percentage of false negatives or positives with the current COVID-19 testing we believe that self-quarantining is the best measure to keep our community safe.
Upon arrival at Walnut Hill, families will be asked to sign a statement of disclosure that your student followed these expectations prior to arrival. If a student is not able to or chooses not to follow the self-quarantine protocols, they will be quarantined on campus for 14 days and will only be allowed to attend online programming. It is also likely that they will not reside in their permanent dormitory room during quarantine.
Home Self-Quarantine Protocol
- Stay at home with immediate family as much as possible.
- Do not go out for social events, gatherings.
- Do not have social gatherings in your own home.
- If you have to go out of your house for medical appointments or groceries, for example, you must follow social distancing (6ft) and you must wear a face covering.
- You must wash and sanitize your hands frequently throughout the day.
- If you are traveling through an airport you must wear a face covering at all times and use extra sanitizing precautions (wipe down seats, seatbelts, tray tables, etc.)
- If you are traveling by car and stop at public rest areas you must also wear a face covering and use extra sanitizing precautions.
Travel for Quarter and Holiday Breaks
Please note that anyone who travels away from campus for these breaks must self-quarantine the entire time or they will have to be quarantined for 14 days upon return and attend online programming only.
Early Arrival During Quarter Breaks
If you are unable to self-quarantine and want your student to arrive on campus at the start of the quarter break, please communicate directly with firstname.lastname@example.org. Students will be screened and quarantined on campus, starting the quarter with online programming to complete a 14 day quarantine.
*Walnut Hill retains the right to change and update these guidelines per information from local, state and federal health authorities.