Over Quarter 2 we have continued to make safe and appropriate changes to our all spaces across campus in preparation for Quarter 3.
- Classroom set ups have been adjusted to reduce density and create faculty-only “boxes.” Additional furniture has been purchased and installed to allow for this.
- Faculty will have the ability to wear face shields and/or teach behind a moveable plexiglass divider.
- Disinfecting wipes are available in every teaching space and other common use areas to support our campus-wide community effort, “Walnut Hill Team Clean.”
- Hand sanitizer stations have been installed throughout campus.
- Merv 13 filters have been installed where possible in ventilation systems and HEPA air filters have been installed in other spaces where that is not possible.
- Smaller classrooms will be used as “swing spaces” for faculty and day students when they are not teaching or in class.
- Toilet seat lids have been purchased and are being installed across campus.
- Paper towel dispensers have replaced all hand dryers.
- Facility Porters have been added to our staff positions to ensure adequate supply for all cleaning and sanitizing needs as well as additional cleaning of high-touch spaces and restrooms.
- Hands-free foot-operated door openers have been installed on as many doorways as possible.
- Hallways in the ATC, and other buildings, will be marked with arrows to indicate direction of travel; staircases may be assigned up/down only.
- The Technology Department has been busy purchasing and installing equipment to allow for HyFlex teaching, including cameras, microphones, new laptops, and iPads.
- Many new technology applications have been purchased and installed to allow for better remote and HyFlex teaching, and training on this new technology continues.
- Campus signage has been printed and installed, including reminders to socially distance, wear masks, wash hands, as well as “team clean” instructions, as well as contract tracing signage facilitated by our campus REACH system.